Friday 18 January 2013

Lace Love

I have been working on another guest book and it was perfect timing to work in with this weeks challenge at Simon Says Stamp challenge of Lace Love. I wanted to use some of the paper doilies I had tea and coffee dyed and of course added a little distress ink!

This big fat guest book cover is made from good old cereal box cardboard and covered with Kraft card. I played until my fingers turned brown with Distress stains in Walnut stain and vintage photo and then glimmer misted with tattered leather. I ripped up three coffee stained doilies for the base layer and then added kraft and corrugated card with some of my rust embellies that I have made with my new Tim Holtz die - Tiny tag and tabs. Lots of my favourite distress inks in Walnut stain, Vintage Photo and the new must have and my new favourite Gathered Twigs (I love this colour!!!) I wanted the cover to be flat enough that it is easy to write in the book.


The inside pages are made with My Minds Eye papers that I have tea dyed, baked and then ironed. It gives  a fabulous pattern and texture to the paper and it is a fabulous grunge look which is what the recipient wanted.
Easy binding with a running stitch on the spine and it is ready to be written all over by guests at the party - this party is a 21st birthday for Josie - Happy 21st Birthday Josie.


Lots of gorgeous Lace Love inspiration over at Simon Says Stamp



Thanks for visiting 
xx Michelle 













7 comments:

  1. What a lovely piece - so richly textured and with great detail. Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan - Enjoy joining in on the challenges and seeing all the ideas xx Michelle

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous book! Love the grunge look! Beautiful doilies and cool tag!
    Have a wonderful week :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Luce. I love the grunge look so much I had to make another one! xx Michelle

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous cover, it has a lovely rich leather like look. Love the aged doilies and the buckle too. Beautiful executed piece. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy I appreciate you stopping by. Great challenge and lots of fabulous inspiration xx Michelle

      Delete
  4. wow Michelle, that's so gorgeous!! Love it! New follower to your blog cause I see so many yummie things here and lots of inspiration.

    hugs and happy day,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete