Wednesday 31 July 2013

Flowers, flowers everywhere!!

I got totally distracted by the studio tours and spent so much time visiting (and lusting after) other studios that I neglected my own blog. So I am rectifying that right now.

Way back in January I participated in a fun challenge on Youtube. The challenge was to create a tussie mussie out of a toilet roll and decorate it.



I covered and created the flowers out of book pages.

 It was a quick and easy project and a lot of fun! I was asked to do a tutorial on my flowers. I have finally done this. I did think I needed to created some clever new technique but have realised I like to find the easy way to create and so I shared my simple flower techniques on YouTube here


This video shows the flowers in the photos below. I use all the petals cut from the Tim Holtz tattered flower die and I like to used lots of texture.


I have a few other techniques to share on how I make my paper flowers and will get a video tutorial of them up shortly. 

Thanks for visiting 

xxx Michelle










4 comments:

  1. Love the cones, fantastic!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love the flowers, some of my favorite colors and papers.
    Thanks so much for visiting a few of my blog posts and leaving such wonderful comments, it is much appreciated indeed!
    I can't recall where I found your blog, doesn't make much difference really, I love looking around here you share so much inspiration and the tutorials are fantastic!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking the time to demo these flowers - can't wait to have a go :)

    ReplyDelete