Saturday 21 September 2013

Vintage Dressmaker Journal


This year my son left home. He moved to another city to follow his dream of working in the film industry. Some of you will know what that means! I am thrilled for him and so proud, he goes after his dreams and it is inspiring to see. But, I miss him so much and there has been some major adjustments and of course some tears.
He is studying Directing and Scriptwriting at South Seas Film School in Auckland. For his final project he will create a short film and as the Director is responsible for the providing the budget. He is fortunate that a lot of the equipment is on loan from the school and crew are volunteers. He still needs some $$ and I volunteered to make a journal to auction as a fundraiser. The auction is running on Youtube and Ethan and I are thrilled with the response. We have two more days to go, before the auction closes. 
I will need to take a lot of photos of this one - it is gorgeous. The cover is rich and lush with layers of ink and glimmer mists in browns, golds, copper and bronze.

Here is the link if you would like to see a flip through


Many Thanks for all the kind comments and fabulous support I have received in the last week. 
I am so grateful.
xx Michelle


4 comments:

  1. My son has moved to England to teach -- no teaching jobs available here in Toronto so he's over there, teaching high school English -- his first year. It feels "strange" -- for university he was away from home, but it was within driving distance. Trips will need to be made!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there , I came here to look at you Lovely Journal from Pinterest and read your comment about your son moving all the way over here in Auckland , New Zealand
    And that's where I'm from .. Any how your journal is Fab .. smiles AnnA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle, I only found your You Tube Channel and blog a week ago, and I am totally hooked on all the gorgeousness you make! I will have to start to make a journal myself, but it will be quite a challenge to make anything close to your standard! Thanks for the inspiration, hugs Frea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your incredible journal today. So sad I missed the auction! I bet the winner was VERY pleased! Thanks for sharing your amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete